JCSL will run weekly, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am – 11am (PST) from October 6, 2020 – April 1, 2021. JCSL will have two Main Sessions each Tuesday and Thursday with staff and guest instructors where we will teach through the components we feel make spiritually mature, relationally healthy, effective leaders. Banning Liebscher and Danny Silk will regularly speak in those sessions. There will be additional content on a weekly basis which students can engage with when it works in their schedule.
School will also involve an hour of live Practicum Time where we will model and apply the concepts we are learning in school. Students may select from different options we will provide for Practicum Time according to what best suits their schedule.
We will integrate times of worship and prayer, Biblical instruction, and discussion into the school experience, because we believe leaders must be rooted in the presence of God, the Word of God and the community of God.
The overall weekly time commitment for our online JCSL program is 5 hours of live class time (Main Sessions and Practicum Time), and 5 hours of additional content and homework engagement.
What You Can Expect
To start an application, use this Apply link and create an account on our school system. After creating an account, you can begin filling out the application, supply a digital photo of yourself, and then have an opportunity to review and edit all of your questions before submitting your application.
After submitting the application, you will need to complete your references. This process is managed by our school system, and online forms are emailed to your references that you provide. This process can take some time, so It is recommended to keep in touch with your references.
After your references have been returned, you will need to pay a $45 application fee to schedule an interview using our online system. At peak application times, our interview slots may fill up quickly. If there are no available slots, check back regularly as slots will be added as needed. After your interview, we aim to have the application decision within two to four weeks.
- First Day of School Oct. 6
- Thanksgiving Break Nov. 20 – Nov. 30
- Christmas Break Dec. 18 – Jan. 4
- Last Day of School Apr. 1
- $2700 if paid by September 15
- $3000 if you elect to be on the payment plan
- We offer a $200 discount for JC Sacramento local church attendees.
- If two or more individuals from your organization want to attend, or if you are a pastor, you may qualify for a discounted rate or scholarship. Contact [email protected] for questions and more information.
- $500 non-refundable deposit (due 30 day after acceptance, or by September 11 – whichever is sooner). This amount is included in your total tuition cost.
- $1500 due by Oct. 6 (includes $500 deposit)
- $750 due by Dec. 1
- $750 due by Feb. 1